Veena Malik is a Pakistani actress, TV host and model who appears in Lollywood and Bollywood films.
Before starting her career off as an actress, Malik worked as a comedian for several television shows and series. She made her acting debut alongside Shaan and Zara Sheikh in Askari’s Tere Pyar Mein (2000), which was a box office hit. She played a supporting role in the film and was barely acknowledged. Later on, she appeared in a supporting role in Javed Sheikh’s Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa (2002).
In 2003, Malik appeared in Indo-Pak cross venture Punjabi film Pind Di Kudi which failed commercially, however, it was the first Indo-Pak venture film with a budget of approximately 70 million rupees. She also appeared in Askari’s Sassi Punno (2003) alongside Sana and Moammar Rana, however the film failed to do well at Lahore’s cinemas and further screenings stopped in cinemas after a week of its release. She then appeared in Rafique’s Jageer. In 2005, she appeared in a short Punjabi film Bau Badmash (2005) which also failed to garner any recognition. Her breakthrough role was in Reema Khan’s Koi Tujh Sa Kahan which was a commercial success in Pakistan.
In 2008, Malik appeared in Rafique’s Punjabi film, Mohabbatan Sachiyan, alongside ex-fiancee Babrik Shah and newcomers Maria Khan and Adnan Khan. The film went on to become a commercial success. The same year, she appeared in Raza’s Kabhi Pyaar Na Karna in a supporting role, but the film was a flop. Her last film of 2008 was Altaf’s Ishq Beparwah, which also failed to impress the audience.
In 2010, she worked in Rafique’s Main Jeena Tere Naal, and Beyg’s debut comedy film Miss Duniya. Then her career in Bollywood started. She acted in several films.
In 2012, she debuted in Bollywood with an item song in Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai entitled Chhanno which was a big hit. Then in the same month she did another item song Fann Ban Gayi in Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya. Then she made her acting debut with a comedy Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai. However the film didn’t do well at the box office but Malik’s performance was widely acclaimed. In 2013, her first film was the Rajiv S. Ruia’s social drama Zindagi 50 50 in which she played a prostitute. Her bold avatar in film was a big break in her career. The film did average score at the box office. She appeared in the music video Ac chala garmi badi hai sung by Sukhdeep Grewal. Then she made a special appearance in Punjabi film, Jatts In Golmaal in an item song Shabboo. She then made her Kannada film debut and appeared in Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Hot in which she portrayed the life of Southern actress Silk Smitha for which she gained 5 kg. The film went to be a very huge hit in South and her performance was once again appreciated. Then her last film of 2013 was Super Model. She was in an avatar never seen before and shed 7 Kilos for it and it was the glamorous role of her career. Film also won The Most Stylish Film Award on International standards. She played a supermodel, a small town girl manages to get big in fashion industry.
As of 2014, she has three projects in post-production stage. She will be seen as a ghost in Hemant Madhukar’s horror flick Mumbai 125 KM 3D. She has done a Telugu film Nagna Satyam which is her debut in Telugu Film Industry. Her last film is a Punjabi Film Eh Dil Da Mamla which will release in winter 2014.
Movies Done By Veena Malik
- 2000 Tere Pyar Mein Amina Debut Film
- 2002 Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa Sana Nigar Award for Best Supporting Actress
- 2003 Pind Di Kudi Saba
- 2004 Sassi Punno Zarina
- 2005 Koi Tujh Sa Kahan Aimen Lux Style Award for Best Actress
- 2005 Kyun Tum Se Itna Pyar Hai Aamina
- 2005 Naag aur Nagin Farwa
- 2007 Mohabbatan Sachiyan Nagma Lux Style Award for Best Actress
- 2008 Kabhi Pyar Na Karna Nafisa
- 2008 Ishq Beparwaah Ayesha
- 2012 Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai Herself Special appearance in song “Chhanno”
- 2012 Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya Herself Special appearance in a song “Fann Ban Gayi”
- 2012 Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai Malai Lead Role in Bollywood Film
- 2013 Jatts In Golmaal Sujata Special appearance in a song “Shaboo”
- 2013 Zindagi 50-50 Madhuri
- 2013 Dirty Picture: Silk Sakkath Maga Silk Smitha / Vijaylakshmi
- 2013 Super Model Rupali “Roops”
- 2014 Mumbai 125 KM 3D Poonam/ Ghost
- 2014 Nagna Satyam Dirtygirl / Vijaylakshmi Telugu film
Television Series Done By Veena Malik
- 2008 Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain Herself Urdu Geo TV
- 2010 Miss Duniya Dunya News
- 2012 Astaghfaar Hero TV
- 2016 Mazaaq Raat Dunya News
Reality television Shows Done By Veena Malik
- 2010 Bigg Boss 4
- 2011 Bigg Toss Reality Game Show
- 2011 India TV Superstud
- 2011 Guest UTV Bindass
Discography Done By Veena Malik
- “Drama Queen” 2012 Drama Queen
- “Rum Rum” 2013 Drama Queen