Khan started his career with musical video of Stereo Nation “Nachange Saari Raat“. Later, through the music video Oh Laila by Sanjay F. Gupta, he was spotted by director N. Chandra who cast him in his next feature film. He made his film debut as a lead along with Sharman Joshi in N. Chandra’s 2001 comedy film Style, which was a hit. He followed it up with Shortcut, and later sequel to Style, Xcuse Me (2003). 2005 saw his film with bold theme, Double Cross, opposite Negar Khan.
In 2009, he appeared alongside Amitabh Bachchan, in Aladin, despite having Sanjay Dutt as well in the cast, the film flopped. In 2010, he starred in Ramaa: The Saviour, alongside Tanushree Dutta and wrestler The Great Khali.
He was married to actress-model Negar Khan, and divorced in 2005. Presently he stays in Lokhandwala suburb of Mumbai.
Apart from acting he has opened a lounge in Mumbai. In 2009, he formed a film production company with Ayesha Shroff, wife of actor Jackie Shroff.
Movies Done By Sahil Khan
- 2001 Style Hindi N. Chandra 28 December 2001
- 2003 Xcuse Me Hindi N. Chandra 26 September 2003
- 2005 Yehi Hai Zindagi Hindi Ajay Phansekar, Raam Shetty 7 January 2005
- 2005 Double Cross Hindi Vicky Tejwani 12 July 2005
- 2009 Aladin Hindi Sujoy Ghosh 30 October 2009
- 2010 Ramaa: The Saviour Hindi Hadi Ali Abrar 12 November 2010
- 2013 Shringaar Hindi Kumaar Aadarsh 13 December 2013