Another “Kapoor” Icon in the Bollywood.Pet Name is Bebo. This 5’5″ tall, blue eyed, extrovert, Kareena Kapoor was born on September 21, 1980 to popular bollywood stars Randhir Kapoor and Babita kapoor and she has Karisma as elder sister, the hottest star in the bollywood.
Kareena Kapoor?s is different.She wanted to study law in Harvard and had no plans to do anything in Bollywood. But destiny defines in different way. She is confident about her role in Refugee and is sure the film will do her a world of good. She is more interested in getting established as a heroine than a star.
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai was supposed to be her debut but she walked out of it and instead starred with Abhishek Bachchan in J.P.Datta?s Refugee in 2000, for which she won a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award, Kapoor had her first commercial success with her second release, Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai (2001). Later that year, she was noticed for her performance in Karan Johar’s melodrama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, which became India’s top-grossing film in the overseas market that year and her biggest commercial success to date. Kareena followed this with several films, which were unsuccessful at the box office, and encountered several negative reviews and criticisms for becoming typecast. Trying to reinvent her image, she took on more serious characters, and was soon recognized for her versatility as an actress.
In 2001, she worked with Tusshar Kapoor in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai which was one of the successes of the year. Yaadein did not do well. Her fiery Kaurwaki act in the epic Asoka with Shahrukh Khan won her a nomination for the Filmfare Best Actress Award. Her fourth film was the multi-starrer Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham in which she played the part of the haughty yet adorable Pooh. The film was her biggest commercial success. The next two years saw her in a few films like Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Khushi, and Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon which ranged from flops to moderate successes.
Just when you thought Pooh was as far as she could go, she started experimenting by portraying different characters in her films that released in 2004 and it paid off. She stepped into the shoes of a sex worker in Chameli with Rahul Bose, earning a Filmfare Special Performance Award. The other critically acclaimed film was Dev with Amitabh Bachchan, in which she played Aaliya, a victim in the communal riots in Gujarat. She won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance. She played the villainous Neha Mehra in Fida. She had three releases in 2005: Bewafa, Kyun Ki, and Dosti: Friends Forever, of which the latter did well in the United Kingdom.
The year 2006 saw her in a thriller 36 China Town and a comedy Chup Chup Ke which were average performers at the box office. It was her role as Dolly in Omkara that clinched the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance. The film was an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello and Dolly was based on Desdemona. She also appeared in an item number in Farhan Akhtar’s Don, which was originally done by Helen.
Imtiaz Ali’s romcom Jab We Met with Shahid Kapoor was a runaway hit in 2007. Her portrayal of the spontaneous and fun-loving Geet was applauded. She won the Filmfare Best Actress Award for that role. In 2008, she came out with Tashan with her new boyfriend Saif Ali Khan and her size zero figure, but that failed to live up to the hype. She lent her voice to Laila in the animation flick Roadside Romeo and was part of Golmaal Returns, a sequel to the comedy hit Golmaal.
In 2009, Kareena was seen in a guest appearance in Luck by Chance and an item number in Billu. After her role as a super model in Kambakkht Ishq she became a style icon though the movie was trashed by critics. Main Aur Mrs Khanna also did not score well. Kurbaan with Saif Ali Khan did a decent job while her role as Pia in 3 Idiots made sure she ended the year on a high note.
Movies Done By Kareena kapoor
- 2000 Refugee Nazneen “Naaz” Ahmed Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
- 2001 Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai Pooja Saxena
- 2001 Yaadein Isha Singh Puri
- 2001 Ajnabee Priya Malhotra
- 2001 Aśoka Kaurwaki Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2001 Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… Pooja “Poo” Sharma Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress
- 2002 Mujhse Dosti Karoge! Tina Kapoor
- 2002 Jeena Sirf Merre Liye Pinky/Pooja
- 2003 Talaash: The Hunt Begins… Tina
- 2003 Khushi Khushi “Lali” Singh
- 2003 Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon Sanjana
- 2003 LOC Kargil Simran
- 2004 Chameli Chameli Filmfare Award for Special Performance
- 2004 Yuva Mira
- 2004 Dev Aaliya Also playback singer for song “Jab Nahin Aaye The Tum”
Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress
- 2004 Fida Neha Mehra
- 2004 Aitraaz Priya Malhotra (Saxena)
- 2004 Hulchul Anjali
- 2005 Bewafaa Anjali Sahai
- 2005 Kyon Ki Dr. Tanvi Khurana
- 2005 Dosti: Friends Forever Anjali
- 2006 36 China Town Priya
- 2006 Chup Chup Ke Shruti
- 2006 Omkara Dolly Mishra Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2006 Don Kamini Cameo
- 2007 Kya Love Story Hai Herself Special appearance in song “It’s Rocking”
- 2007 Jab We Met Geet Dhillon Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2008 Halla Bol Herself Special appearance
- 2008 Tashan Pooja Singh Also playback singer for “Pooja Ka Tashan”
- 2008 Roadside Romeo Laila (voice) Animated film
- 2008 Golmaal Returns Ekta
- 2009 Luck by Chance Herself Special appearance
- 2009 Billu Herself Special appearance in song “Marjaani”
- 2009 Kambakkht Ishq Simrita Rai/Bebo
- 2009 Main Aurr Mrs Khanna Raina Khanna
- 2009 Kurbaan Avantika Ahuja (Khan) Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2009 3 Idiots Pia Sahastrabudhhe Nominated— Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2010 Milenge Milenge Priya Malhotra
- 2010 We Are Family Shreya Arora Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress
- 2010 Golmaal 3 Daboo Nominated— Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2011 Bodyguard Divya S. Rana
- 2011 Ra.One Sonia Subramaniam
- 2012 Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu Riana Braganza
- 2012 Agent Vinod Iram Parveen Bilal/Dr. Ruby Mendes
- 2012 Rowdy Rathore — Special appearance in song “Chinta Ta”
- 2012 Heroine Mahi Arora Nominated— Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2012 Talaash: The Answer Lies Within Rosie/Simran
- 2012 Dabangg 2 — Special appearance in song “Fevicol Se”
- 2013 Bombay Talkies Herself Special appearance in song “Apna Bombay Talkies”
- 2013 Satyagraha Yasmin Ahmed
- 2013 Gori Tere Pyaar Mein! Dia Sharma
- 2014 Singham Returns Avni Kamat
- 2014 The Shaukeens Herself Cameo
- 2014 Happy Ending — Cameo
- 2015 Gabbar Is Back Sunaina Cameo
- 2015 Bajrangi Bhaijaan Rasika
- 2015 Brothers Mary Special appearance in song “Mera Naam Mary Hai”
- 2016 Ki & Ka Kia Bansal
- 2016 Udta Punjab Dr. Preet Sahni Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress
- 2018 Veere Di Wedding Kalindi Puri
- 2019 Good Newwz Deepti Batra Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
- 2020 Angrezi Medium Naina
- 2021 Laal Singh Chaddha Films that have not yet been released TBA Filming
Awards, Achievements and Recognitions Received by kareena kapoor
- 2001 Sansui Viewer’s Choice Awards Best Debutante – Female Refugee Won
- 2001 Bollywood Movie Awards Best Female Debut Refugee Won
- 2004 Sansui Viewer’s Choice Awards Best Actress – Critics Chameli Won
- 2004 Bollywood Movie Awards Critics Award Female Chameli Won
- 2013 NDTV Indian of the Year Awards Entertainer Of The Decade Award – Won
- 2004 Honoured by Marco Ricci Society with Young Achiever Award
- 2005 Honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Young Achiever Award,
- 2005 Awarded as Indian Diva by Sahara One Television viewers.
- 2006 Awarded the Smita Patil Memorial Award for her Contributions to the Hindi Film Ind.
- 2008 Awarded with Global Achievement Award at Future Group Global Indian TV Honours.
- 2009 Awarded India Today Woman Award for her contributions to art and cinema, in 2009
- 2009 IIFA-FICCI Frames’ as the Most Powerful Entertainers of the Decade award
- 2009 GQ Excellence Award for Achievement in films.
- 2009 Awarded Celebrity Endorsement of the Year Award by Tech Life Awards